Voted 2nd Best Used Bookstore in the 2017 Juneau Empire Reader’s Choice Awards.
The Friends of the Juneau Public Libraries operate The Amazing Bookstore located in the Airport Shopping Center. All sales of used books and other materials benefit the library and library programs. In addition to supporting the literacy mission of the library the store serves a vital role in minimizing the waste stream in Juneau through the recycling of used books.
The Amazing Bookstore welcomes donations during business hours ONLY. Donations should never be left in the Mall hallway.
We DO NOT ACCEPT the following:
- Reader’s Digest Condensed Books
- Textbooks older than 2005
- Computer books older than 2007
- Records, LPs
- MAGAZINE GUIDELINES: We CAN ACCEPT the following:
- Popular magazines, National Geographic published in the last 2 years.
- ALL Years of Fine Homebuilding, Fine Woodworking, Fine Gardening, Wooden Boat, Art Magazines, Alaska Magazines.
- Craft Magazines and Cooking Magazines published in last 10 years.
- All Videos, CD’s, and DVDs must be originals (no vinyl)
- Puzzles should be “gently used”.
- Donations should NOT be moldy, wet, smoky, disfigured or missing pages.
We thank the residents of Juneau for making the Bookstore such a delightful shopping experience!