Voted 2nd Best Used Bookstore in the 2017 Juneau Empire Reader’s Choice Awards.
The Friends of the Juneau Public Libraries operate The Amazing Bookstore located in the Airport Shopping Center. All sales of used books and other materials benefit the library and library programs. In addition to supporting the literacy mission of the library the store serves a vital role in minimizing the waste stream in Juneau through the recycling of used books.
The Amazing Bookstore welcomes donations during business hours ONLY. Donations should never be left in the Mall hallway.
We DO NOT ACCEPT the following:
- Reader’s Digest Condensed Books
- Textbooks more than 10 years old
- Computer books more than 8 years old
- Records, LPs, music cassette tapes
- Home recorded media
- Any book that is warped, moldy, or musty
- We HAPPILY ACCEPT the following:
- ALL YEARS
- Gardening Magazines
- Art Magazines
- Quilting Magazines
- Alaska Magazines
- Up to 1 year old
- Popular magazines, including National Geographic
- Up to 10 years old
- Cooking magazines
- Craft magazines
- ALL YEARS
The Amazing Bookstore welcomes donations during business hours ONLY. Donations should never be left in the Mall hallway. We thank the residents of Juneau for making the Bookstore such a delightful shopping experience!