Board President Jonas Lamb was a guest this morning on Capital Chat to get the word out about our Annual Membership Meeting happening Saturday 11/19 from 3-5 pm and let folks know about the great work being done by our volunteers. Take a listen if you missed it.
The 2019 Annual Membership Meeting will be held Saturday, November 16th from 3-5pm at the Valley Library in the Conference Room. All members are invited. The meeting will include an annual budget report, a year in review report from the director of the Juneau Public Libraries, discussion of goals and objectives for the coming year and election of board members. Refreshments will be provided. A slate of board candidates will follow shortly. Any member interested in serving on the board is invited to send their name and a brief bio to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 1st.
- May 16
- August 15
- November 21
The Friends of the Juneau Public Libraries Board of Directors will meet Saturday January 23rd 2016 from 1-3pm at the Valley Library in the Conference Room (seating is limited). Members of the public are welcome.
Saturday 1/23/16, 1pm
Valley Library Conference Room
I. Adopt agenda
- Minutes of 2 previous meetings (Brandi)
- Bookstore update (Heidi)
- Valley Library update (Robert)
- General library update (Robert | programming, CBJ budget)
- Alaska Air foundation request denied, encouraged to reapply (Robert)
III. Old Business
- Ameritrade Signature Authority Forms (Brandy, John, Jonas)
- Discussion and potential resolution to add signature authority for Robert for purpose of writing checks/use of debit card/drawing funds from petty cash/checking account.
IV. New Business
- JDCM request to sell greeting cards @ bookstore (ROBERT, Scott, Heidi).
- Bookstore Insurance Policy Review (John)
- Review quote for increasing liability/loss coverage for bookstore inventory.
- Review quote for Directors & Officers Liability Coverage.
- Suggestion to pursue coverage to include worker’s comp for bookstore vols.
- Discussion and potential resolution to add official signature authority for Robert for purpose of writing checks/use of debit card/drawing funds from petty cash/checking account.
- Donation Request: Read Across America event March 5th @ Valley Library. In the past Friends of the Library has donated approximately 200 books and 100 $1.00 bookstore gift certificates. Do we want to support at same level again this year?