The Friends of the Juneau Public Library (FJPL) are seeking a new treasurer to fill a recently vacated seat on the board. Interested parties should submit notice to firstname.lastname@example.org. The board will vote to appoint an interim treasurer to serve until the next annual membership meeting (November 2016). Responsibilities include:
- The treasurer shall pay all bills and maintain all financial records of the organization.
- The treasurer shall submit a preliminary annual financial report to the membership at the annual meeting and a final financial report at the first quarterly meeting of the Board following the close of the fiscal year (December 31st).
- The treasurer shall be responsible for bi-annual report to the IRS.
- The treasurer shall be chair person of the Budget Committee.
- The treasurer shall submit the books of the corporation to the Financial Oversight Committee as required by the Board.
- The treasurer shall file biennial corporate reports with Alaska Department of Community and Economic Development.
In these duties, the treasurer is supported by a contracted bookkeeper and many recurring payments are automated.